Museum logo
Museum logo

Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2016.18.2
Object Name Apron
Description Apron, half, 18" x 8 1/5", canvas, cream color, on front in blue- "O.H. Wright & Lumber Company, Lumber-Fuel-Materials, Bartlett, ILL, Phone TE 7- 2261" and in cream letters in blue box- "Weyerhaeuser 4-square Lumber", two metal grommets on top adhere two clips on back, wearer could clip apron onto belt and then tie on with attached strings. stitching forms two pockets on front.

O. H. Wright was once located at the eastern end of Bartlett Avenue. It opened in 1928 and had its offices at 106/108 Bartlett Avenue. A scale was once embedded into Bartlett Avenue so the patrons' purchases could be weighed. The company was also housed in the mill that once stood adjacent to the rail siding (now removed) on the north side of the railroad tracks. Lumber and other goods were warehoused on what is today the commuter parking lot.
Year Range from 1945
Year Range to 1965
Material Canvas
Width (in) 8.5
Length (in) 18
Number of images 2
Search Terms Bartlett Avenue
Green coal
Wright's at Bartlett
Wright's Lumber Yard
Subjects Lumber
Lumberyards
People Wright, O. H.
Accession number 2016.18