Matchbook, green with black printing, cover- illustration of a man golfing with the words "Fore! Health play golf", spine- "Bring the family," back- in black "Villa Olivia, Golf Course, Swimming Pool, Picnic Grounds, Opp. W. G. N., U. S. 20, Near Elgin." On inside of book printed in black, "Come out and enjoy the beautiful Villa Olivia for picnic reservation, Telephone Elgin 7011."
Villa Olivia was established in the 1920s by lawyer Charles Erbstein. Named after his daughter Olivia, the 200 acre estate contained a 16-room mansion, golf course and more. Today the property is part of the Bartlett Park District.
|Year Range from||1925|
|Year Range to||1939|
|Number of images||3|
Bartlett Park District